Open Positions Available
The Bible Seminary (TBS) – A 501(c)(3) independent, non-denominational institution of higher education incorporated in the state of Texas in 2010, TBS offers Bible Certificate, Licensed Professional, Dual Degree Completion, Master of Arts, and Master of Divinity programs for laity and vocational ministry professionals. The seminary exists to glorify God by training Christian believers in a context of biblical community in all 66 books of the Bible so that they can serve the local church and fulfill the Great Commission by the power of God’s Spirit.
The seminary is seeking a part-time Communications Director whose life and beliefs are consistent with TBS doctrine and core values; who will work well with the current administration, staff, faculty, and students; and who could be available to fill the position in the Katy/West Houston, Texas area. This position will help oversee the creation, production, and publication of media communications of The Bible Seminary. The position reports to the President, and works with other staff, faculty, and students to perform the duties outlined below.
Digital Media Manager (Primary tasks)
- Manage the seminary’s social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube).
- Knowledge and experience with html and other coding languages, Joomla websites, and a variety of digital media production platforms and programs is preferred.
Audio/Visual Producer (Secondary tasks)
- Oversee production of TBS audio and visual communications, including online courses, podcasts, videos, and other educational and promotional initiatives.
- Oversee technical environments and resources including classrooms and A/V equipment and software.
- Serve as official photographer for The Bible Seminary.
- Help coordinate digital (and physical, if applicable) media storage and retrieval.
Print Publications Manager (Tertiary tasks)
- Help coordinate the seminary’s advertising and marketing efforts by overseeing preparation and publication of TBS communications including advertising, articles, and press releases.
- Help copywrite, edit, and proof TBS publications, including advertising copy, articles, course resources (handouts, media presentations, syllabi), handbooks, and marketing/recruiting materials.
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Suite programs including InDesign and Photoshop is preferred.
- Preferred applicants will have a college degree, relevant experiences, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Primary proficiency in web development and web site content management, as well as some competencies in audio and video production, graphic design, photography, and print publishing.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus, as well as bi-lingual (English and Spanish) abilities.
Working Hours and Location
This is a part-time position based on 25 hours per week. Since the nature of duties allows for work to be performed both on-site (on the Katy/West Houston campus facilities) and remotely, the employee will coordinate an on-campus work schedule that maximizes a healthy balance of personal/family and productive professional labor in accordance with the ebb and flow of higher education and ministry.
To apply, send your resume to Dr. K Lynn Lewis, President, at:
- or The Bible Seminary, 2655 S Mason Rd, Katy, TX, 77450
- or call 281-646-1109