Students and prospective students of The Bible Seminary with a complaint should follow the rule of Matthew 18:15-16 as their primary model. Issues unable to be resolved should proceed as follows to register an official complaint:
- Official complaints should be submitted in writing to Office of the Provost either by e-mail or letter.
- Complaints should clearly denote date(s), facts, person(s) involved, and specific details.
- Except in extenuating circumstances, complaints must be signed and dated by the complaining party. Anonymous complaints, or complaints on behalf of persons not directly involved but submitted on behalf of someone else, will not be accepted or reviewed.
- The Office of the Provost will review the complaint and notify the appropriate person(s) for further action.
- The appropriate person(s) will investigate the complaint and, as necessary, meet with the complainant and/or other parties to determine an appropriate course of action and response.
- A report of the investigation and results will be submitted to the Office of the Provost, and a written response to the complainant will be provided, typically within four business weeks of receiving the complaint.
- The Office of the Provost is responsible for maintaining all files and records of student and/or prospective student complaints.
- Complainants desiring to appeal a decision may submit a signed statement of appeal within two business weeks of the decision to the Office of the President, The Bible Seminary, 2655 S Mason Rd, Katy, TX 77450.
- The Office of the President or designee will review the appeal and may choose to meet with the student and/or other parties.
- The Office of the President will respond in writing concerning the disposition of the appeal within two business weeks of receiving the appeal.
After exhausting each procedural step of the above student complaint procedure, students not satisfied with the outcome may file a complaint with the appropriate agency:
- The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board – Complainants must submit the required forms available on the Student Complaints site of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, delivered by email to StudentComplaints@thecb.state.tx or by mail to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, Office of General Counsel, P.O. Box 12788, Austin, TX 78711-2788.
- For complaints related to Title IX—Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 1999 Bryan St., Suite 2600, Dallas, TX 75201.