The PURPOSE of the Dual Degree Completion program is to offer a bridge to graduate-level education for professional ministry leadership.
The Dual Degree Completion (DDC) progam allows students with an Associate’s degree, coursework toward an unfinished undergraduate degree, and life experiences that may count toward college credit to enroll in The Bible Seminary on a degree track resulting in both a bachelor’s and master’s degree.
Students who successfully complete this program will have earned a Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies (BACS), and either a companion Master of Arts (MA) or a Master of Divinity (M Div) degree. The Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies is customized for each student to incorporate previous college coursework (such as a 60-credit hour Associate degree), prior learning assessments, additional college studies, and TBS core graduate courses that can serve as dual bachelor/master credits.
- TBS only offers a combined BA/MA or BA/MDiv – or a separate MA or MDiv – but not a BA only.
- The combined degree can be completed in as few as two (2) or three (3) years for some full-time students. Additional time may be required for students who have not satisfied all of the non-TBS degree requirements.
To graduate with a BA, students must earn approximately 120-credit hours as follows:
- 30 credits: General Education (non-TBS)
- 15 credits: Bible and Christian studies (non-TBS)
- 45 credits: Electives (non-TBS) - Can be fulfilled by any combination of prior learning assessments, College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams, and competency assessments obtained from the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL), such as Learning Counts (LearningCounts.org), and/or other college work.
- 30 credits: TBS core courses
- Accepted students may enroll in our current graduate program, without any modifications, and transfer in or work on the side to complete any non-TBS credit hour bachelor’s degree requirements.
- Students who complete the program will have completed a combined total of between 138 and 150-credit hours for a BA/MA degree, or 174-credit hours for the BA/MDiv degree.
- Students receive both degrees together after all requirements are completed for BOTH the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- The customized degree may require students to take courses from other colleges or universities. Tuition for any of these additional college courses and prior learning assessments outside of TBS and required to complete the bachelor’s degree are the direct responsibility of the student.
- Students enrolling in the program are responsible for applying, registering, enrolling, and transferring in credits from other schools and LearningCounts.org with respect to non-TBS undergraduate degree requirements.
- This type of combined degree structure conforms to the guidelines found in various accrediting agencies, including ABHE (Association for Biblical Higher Education), ATS (Association of Theological Schools), SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools), and TRACS (Transnational Association of Christian Schools).
- Tuition and fees for undergraduate credits and graduate credits are the same.
- Financial aid through the TBS Student Scholarship Fund may be available to help fund dual-credit and graduate-level courses offered by TBS. See “Financial Aid” resources for more information.