The Bible Seminary (TBS) is an independent, non-denominational, 501(c)(3) charitable institution of higher education incorporated in Texas in 2010 to offer training for laity and vocational ministry professionals.
Programs include Bible Certificate, Licensed Professional, Dual Degree Completion, Master of Arts, and Master of Divinity. The seminary exists to glorify God by training Christian believers in a context of biblical community in all 66 books of the Bible so that they can serve the local church and fulfill the Great Commission by the power of God’s Spirit.
- Originally organized as a Bible Institute in 2008.
- Registered as an independent Domestic Non-Profit Corporation with the Texas Secretary of State on 2/12/2010, TX SOS #0801230198, TX Taxpayer #32041214118.
- Approved as an IRS 501(c)(3) charitable organization on 8/6/2010, Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) #27-2190032.
- Approved by the Texas Workforce Commission in March 2011, and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board in May 2011.
- Approved as Affiliate with the Association for Biblical Higher Education in April 2012.
- Approved CEU provider by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) in October 2015.
- Approved by the Texas Veterans Commission in July 2017
- Approved by the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS) for Applicant Status in January 2018 and Candidate status in April 2019
- Approved as an accredited member of ECFA in September 2019
- Distinctively clear doctrinal and ethos statements.
- Seven core values – the Lordship of Christ, the Bible as the fully true Word of God, Prayer, Unreached Peoples, the Local Church, Community, and Compassion.
- Comprehensive, strategic training in all 66 books of the Bible integrated into instruction in the standard historical, theological, and practical disciplines critical to developing professional skills for 21st century ministry.
- Experiential education that directly engages graduate students in mentored local church or para-church ministry throughout their degree programs, and provides cutting-edge ministry resource tools, community-based experiences that include on-site visits with regional ministry professionals, and study tour opportunities such as a trip to the Holy Land.
- Commitment to graduating alumni with NO ($0) seminary debt.